PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
The protection of your personal data is very important to us. This Personal Data Protection Policy (hereinafter the “Policy”) sets out the conditions under which the National Observatory of Athens (NOA) / Institute for Astronomy, Astrophysics, Space Applications and Remote Sensing (IAASARS), with headquarters in 6, Karystou str. Athens, Greece P.O. Box 11523, tel.:00302103490125, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, may collect, process and use your personal data when you visit or use the website https://www.e-shape.eu. This Policy may be amended and/or updated at any time without notice. Therefore, the website visitor/user of the website is kindly requested to check periodically this page. By visiting and using this Website visitors/users acknowledge that they have read and understood this Policy.
1. The personal data we collect
- If you login to our website we will collect your username and password.
- If you communicate with us through the contact form, we will collect your name, email address, phone and any other personal data included in the relevant message field.
- If you submit a request to our Help Desk, we will collect your name, email address, affiliation and any other personal data included in the relevant message field.
- If you subscribe to our newsletter we will collect your email address. You will be able to be deleted from the newsletter anytime.
- During your visit at our website certain technical and statistical data may be automatically collected through the cookies placed on our website. For more information, please see the relevant Cookies policy below.
2. How we use your personal information
We use the personal information we collect:
- To provide the website https://www.e-shape.eu to you;
- To help us improve the website and fix any technical problems;
- To communicate with you, to respond to your enquiries and to the requests submitted to the Help Desk;
- To enforce our legal rights and
- To comply with any legal requirements to which we are subject.
3. Legal basis for processing your personal data
The legal basis for processing your personal data is:
- Υour consent in relation to the personal data collected: i) from cookies, ii) during your subscription to the newsletter service, iii) during the submission of a request to the Help Desk, iv) during your communication through the contact form;
- Τhe legitimate interests of NOA/IAASARS;
- Compliance of NOA/IAASARS to a legal obligation it may be subject to.
4. Who we share your data with
The personal data of the visitors / users of the website are processed by the authorized representatives of NOA/IAASARS to communicate with you and may be shared with the other partners of the e-shape project. Your data may be shared with our service providers who perform services on our behalf (e.g. we use MailChimp service to process email newsletters). In addition, NOA/IAASARS may also share your personal data in case you have requested it to do so or in case it is lawfully requested to do so.
5. How long we keep your personal data
We will retain your personal data for no longer than is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which they were collected. Your personal data may be kept for a longer retention period where it is required or permitted by law.
6. Transfers outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”)
If the e-shape partner to which your personal data may be transferred is located outside EEA, we will ensure that your rights in relation to the processing of your personal data are adequately and appropriately protected.
7. Your rights concerning the protection of your personal data
You have the following rights:
- To access your personal data that we hold
- To amend or delete your personal data
- To restrict our processing of your personal data
- To send your personal data to another service provider (data portability)
- To object to the processing of your personal data
If you have any questions, comments or complaints regarding the use of your personal data or you would like to exercise your rights, you can send us an email here: email@example.com
If any visitor/ user considers that the protection of their personal data is in any way affected, they may appeal to the Hellenic Personal Data Protection Authority (www.dpa.gr).
A cookie is a small text file that the website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit it. Cookies work to make your experience browsing our website as smooth as possible. Certain Cookies are technically necessary in order for the website to operate properly. Other Cookies are used for obtaining statistics or facilitating your interaction with social networks. Cookies are further distinguished in “Session Cookies” and “Persistent Cookies” depending on the time they remain stored on your device. The cookies used by this website are mainly the following:
|Ποιος τα τοποθετεί;
|Remembers the user’s selected language version of a website
|Used by the social sharing platform
|The cookie is used in context with the local-storage function in the browser. This function allows the web site to load faster by pre-loading certain procedures.
|Necessary for the operation of the site: it detects language and assigns an anonymous ID to the user.
The cookies used by the Helpdesk of the website are the following:
|Ποιος τα τοποθετεί;
|Cloudflare Load Balancer
|WordPress User Authentication
|WordPress Login Status/Info
|WordPress Access Control
|WordPress Check Browser Cookies On/Off
|WordPress Frontend User Preferences
|WordPress Frontend User Time Preferences
You can control and/or delete cookies using your browser. Click the following links to be directed to your browser’s instructions:
If you do this, however, some services or functionalities of our website may not work.